Contact us about Postpartum Doulas!
Postpartum is defined as the period shortly after childbirth, and typically includes the baby’s first year of life.
Your Emerald City Doula will provide judgment free support, and are trained to provide you with education, comfort, and resources right where you need it most as a new parent: in your own home. They don’t make decisions for you, they provide you with the information you need to make decisions for yourself and your family. Your doula will support you in those choices.
Your postpartum doula nurtures parents, baby, siblings, and others who are providing support to the family.
An Emerald City postpartum doula:
- Provides completely non-judgmental physical, educational, and emotional support.
- Can provide non-medical information and support to the birthing person on their physical recovery from birth.
- Can care for baby while the birthing person cares for themselves (shower, nap, exercise, outings, etc).
- Can provide light housekeeping while the birthing person takes care of themselves and baby. They can also provide sibling care and can even do light meal prep.
- Our Overnight Doulas can gift you with sleep!
- Can demonstrate newborn care techniques such as swaddling, bathing, diapering, umbilical or circumcision care, and much more.
- Is happy to discuss various parenting philosophies, and allow parents to voice their concerns, opinions, needs, and wishes.
- Is trained to recognize signs and symptoms of postpartum depression, can help teach those who are supporting the birthing person how to recognize them as well, and has resources to recommend if requested.
- Watches for things that are outside the “normal range” and can refer to appropriate caregivers. This could apply to chestfeeding, the birthing person’s health, child development, and much more.
Emerald City Doulas only works with trained and certified/pre-certified doulas. We truly believe in our philosophy of non-judgmental physical, educational, and emotional support. We empower parents, and provide the support and information you want, so you can make the choices you feel are right for your family. We come with absolutely no agenda. We will always support and respect your individual birthing and parenting philosophies.